I roasted a chicken last night in my George Foreman chicken roaster. I LOVE that thing.
Stuffed the chicken with salt & pepper and half an onion sliced up. Rubbed some coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper into the skin as well. Roast 80 minutes, and it comes out perfect.
But I had to figure out something to go with it.
We have a bag of potatoes, so I figured I'd do something with those, but I'm getting tired of mashed potatoes, and with only 15 minutes until the bird was done, I didn't have time for baked. So I made this up instead.
3 medium potatoes, sliced
olive oil
salt & pepper
chicken stock
margarine
parsley
dill
Heat dutch oven over med-high heat, add olive oil and potatoes. Saute potatoes for a couple minutes, then add the chicken stock, only about 1/3 cup. Add salt & pepper. Cover and let cook about 5 minutes. Potatoes should be just tender. Add a bit of margarine or olive oil if you prefer, add parsley and dill to taste.
I topped mine with fake sour cream, the man of the house topped his with real sour cream and grated cheddar cheese.
Important note: These don't smell very good when they're cooking. But they taste fabulous.
Do you still blog?
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment