- 1 (28-oz) can whole tomatoes in purée - became 1 15oz can diced tomatoes and 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste - used the whole can
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar - used 1/2C because the reviews said it was too sweet, but I probably should've used more.
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
It's not bad. I think I'll keep trying, if only because it's got to be healthier than buying it at the store. Next time though, I'll definitely use more sugar, and probably more spices as well, it's a bit bland. But, the kid doesn't notice the difference, and the husband only noticed that it's a different color than usual, so it can't be all bad. I'm just not that much of a ketchup person anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment